Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Sarah's Happy Place

I can't believe that I was here...Claude Monet's home in Giverny.

We had the perfect day. Sure, there were a ton of tourists, but it did not matter. I was looking at the pond with the water lillies and the Japanese Bridge (replica). I saw the field of poppies. I leaned against the willow trees looking at their reflections in the water. The place that I only dreamed of going was now reality. This was where my most favorite painter lived, worked, and drew inspiration. Another moment of pure joy, once again found in (ok, not in, but near) the most fabulous city in the world.














1 comment:

  1. Mecca indeed. What a wonderful day that was. I hope you kept your video - a couple times a week I watch just to listen to the frogs and the birds.

    ReplyDelete