Thursday, April 3, 2014

Give me a High Five #7: Laura's Visit

Laura came to visit last week, and took Berlin by storm...literally. It basically rained the whole time she was here. No matter, we still had an absolute blast! We saw a good portion of Berlin. In fact, Laura and I did some things in Berlin that I have never done before! This is a major accomplishment, as I usually see and do the same things over and over when we have guests. With that, I bring you a list of 5 new things that I did with Laura that I had not done yet in Berlin.
Source: Laura

1. Friedrichstadt-Palast
Friedrichstadt-Palast is a theater that holds glitzy, over the top, costumey shows. Singing, dancing, flashing lights, and water are all a part of this show. I compared it to Vegas or "Be Our Guest" from Beauty and the beast, only take it up a notch with the glitz and glamour. We had front row seats at this performance, which was lovely, as men thrusted their who-haas in front of us. I really enjoyed this show, as it was cheezy and glitzy in all of the right ways.
Source: Laura
2. Drinks at the top of the Fernsehturm
The Fernsehturm is the tallest structure in Germany, and also my Meine Lieblingsgebäude. Laura reserved tickets for us to go to the top of the tower, where they have a bar. We celebrated the completion of her thesis with a glass of wine at the top of Germany :)
Source: Laura

3. Reichstag
Speaking of going to the top of things, one early morning, we went to the top of the Reichstag (government building) as well. While the morning was somewhat foggy, it was great to see the city from above. Unfortunately, the cafe where I had hoped to get my morning cup of coffee was not open yet, but that is something to save for when my parents visit in a couple of weeks!

4.Stayed/Tea in Hotel Adlon
Hotel Adlon is the prestigious hotel located in the Platz directly in front of the Brandenburger Tor. Laura stayed there, and kindly invited me to spend the night with her. I couldn't resist. I slept on a wonderfully comfortable bed, wore a terry-cloth bathrobe, and ate at a gourmet all you can eat breakfast. The same afternoon we had afternoon tea and snacks. Yummy!

5. Went inside the Berliner Dom

The Berliner Dom is a gorgeous church located on the Museum Island in Berlin. It is one of my most photographed buildings, yet I had never been inside...until Laura came. While magnificent from the outside, the inside is only ok, but now I can say that I've been inside!


No comments:

Post a Comment